[accepted] Judas Goldstein Application

• skilled urself

Give us a brief description of yourself IRL to begin with, how old you are, where you live, what languages you speak etc.
    Im 22 year old guy from Sweden where i also currently reside, I speak English and Swedish and primarily play during EUTZ.
    Depending on my work scheduele I'm able to work from home and can adjust to pretty much any TZ.

Why do you want to join Half Empty, and how did you hear about us? Do you have a relationship with anyone in skill urself already?
    When I came back to Eve I reached out to a friend about the current state of the game and asked around about different alliances to join.
    He recommended skillu and after looking through KBs and talking to Ithilgore and NonZtop it sounds like it could be a really good fit.
    I started doing the nomad life before I took a break from eve and I would like to stay that way since the megablobs and sov carebearing doesn't really appeal to me anymore.

What was your last corporation, and what were your reasons for leaving?
    My current corporation is 6ft under (part of unspoken alliance) whom I joined to shake the rust off and do some nanoganging, it's a great corp for what it is and love flying with them.
    One of the issues however is that they are mostly active during USTZ so pretty much all the action ended up being around 3-6 am my time.
    Before that I was a member of cognitive dissonance which was a corp made by some of the old horde directors/FCs to try and get in on the content in the south while the north was pretty much dead.
    I ended up taking a break from eve shortly after we made the transition and I'm not exactly sure what happened to them but I think they disbanded.

How long have you been playing EVE, and what have been up to in that time?
    I started playing eve in march 2016 around the time world war bee started and I spent like 3 weeks in some high sec corp but soon realized that what I wanted to do was PvP.
    At the time horde was spamming evemails to all new characters pretty much and I decided to give it a shot.
    Started showing up on fleets and was having a lot of fun with that and decided to give FCing a try and a few months later I was running fleets pretty much every single day for 2-3 months straight.
    Eventually I started getting burned out and cut it down to a few fleets a week doing mostly the EUTZ ops for pandemic horde.
    Around 5-6 months later Horde Vanguard was created and I was among the first to be invited and was back to nolifing eve.
    As I naturally progressed in eve and fiending injectors I found myself flying capitals and started doing some fishing around horde space.
    Mostly dropping my battlerorqual on unsuspecting roamers and ratters in the nearby regions, It was the most fun I had in eve by far at the time.
    After a while I was told by leadership that I was "killing the content" and that I should stop what I was doing at once or face consequences as they added more regions to the "no drops allowed" list.
    I took this as a sign to move on and left pandemic horde and horde vanguard. A few days later some friends suggested I join waffles.
    I spent roughly a month there but left shortly after I heard a few my friends in horde were starting a new corporation to get in on the content in the south.
    It was a lot of fun while we were getting started and we were doing a lot of smallgang/blops but eventually I got distracted by dota 2 and decided to tryhard that until I reached 5k mmr. Anyways, now im back to eve and have been doing mostly smallgang pvp.

How many characters do you have and how are your accounts structured?
    I currently have 5 characters across 3 accounts.
    account 1 (Main 70mil+ SP), (trade alt 0 sp)
    account 2 (Apostle alt 38mil SP), (CynoV alt, 5 mil sp)
    account 3 (Nyx alt 36mil+ SP)

Was planning to add more cyno alts on acc 1 and 3 but haven't really needed them yet, so figured I'll just inject it when the time comes.
    Nyx alt is around 4 or so injectors to be completely ready (havent bought the heavy fighter bomber skil book yet since i havent actually bought a nyx yet) but got gallente carrier 5 fighters 5 drone skills maxed etc.

How do you fund your PvP?
    I currently have some isk saved up from doing exploration which i supplement with plex whenever there's a good deal.
    I'm also getting set up to run level 5s on an alt which ill eventually start doing if I find myself needing more.

Someone pings for a nano-trash "roam" for "fun". What do you bring and how is it fit?
    Depends on where we are flying. Lately I'm a huge fan of the Osprey Navy to fight blobs, the one I have been using is dual prop for more range control.
    It's super cheap but it gets the job done.

[Osprey Navy Issue, Dual Navy]

Nanofiber Internal Structure II
    Ballistic Control System II
    Ballistic Control System II
    Nanofiber Internal Structure II

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
    Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
    X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
    Warp Disruptor II
    Warp Scrambler II
    10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Light Missile
    [Empty High slot]
    [Empty High slot]

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
    Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
    Medium Rocket Fuel Cache Partition II

Acolyte II x5

Mjolnir Fury Light Missile x1000
    Inherent Implants 'Squire' Power Grid Management EG-602 x1
    Scourge Fury Light Missile x1000
    Nova Fury Light Missile x1000
    Inferno Fury Light Missile x1000
    Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile x1466
    Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile x1000
    Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile x1000
    Navy Cap Booster 400 x28

What do you think of Fozzie Sov?
    Fozzie Sov is the only sov system I know, since it was introduced before I started playing I don't have much to compare it to. While it can be very cancerous (death to all ecm griffins) it's still managable most of the time.
    I got a lot of experience running sov fleets back when I was still in horde and am very familiar with the mechanics.

Have you ever held hands with a girl?
    Once, by accident.

• skilled urself

You seem like a pretty cool dude, you've got your shit together in terms of app requirements, and as much as I like Unspoken and want to see them grow and stay healthy, your reasons for wanting to leave make perfect sense.

One thing did stick out to me that I'd like to hear further thoughts on:

@judas-goldstein said in Judas Goldstein Application:

I started doing the nomad life before I took a break from eve and I would like to stay that way since the megablobs and sov carebearing doesn't really appeal to me anymore.

While we are indeed more or less nomadic (while adhering to a campaign arc rather than in an arbitrary sense), between ourselves and V0LTA we have beefed up to become, arguably, somewhat "blobby" - both as a result of deliberately adapting to the game's general lack of groups that matched our humbler size several months ago, and to have been able to properly respond to DRF over the winter.

• Does understanding this change anything for you?

• How much of your dislike of "the blob" is basically just an aesthetic one, or let's say, really just a sort of romantic aversion (i.e. "honestly I don't mind being in a group that sometimes does blobby fleets as long as I enjoy the group itself"), versus specific traits you've found in "the blob" that you know you don't want to encounter again in Eve (and if so, what are they)?

Then, I assume by "sov carebearing" you're referring to a more sedentary alliance culture of, basically like, domestic grazing. We're definitely not that, but we have been pretty heavy on the "sov" part lately - we've spent a short while now (but a while nonetheless) doing a shit-ton of uncontested entosis grinding to continue map-wiping DRF alliances. For most people, it sucks, and it's boring, and it gets done.

• What would it mean for you if the next group we aggressed simply, like Solar Fleet just did, rolled over without a fight and left us with yet another region to mind-numbingly grind?

There's no entrapment or 'trick question' in any of what I'm asking and neither do I think you're naive to 'how Eve works sometimes'; I'm asking this for your own benefit in case it's stuff you haven't considered yourself already.

• skilled urself

@svara-eir Hey, thanks for taking the time to look through the app!

To me "the blob" is more a feeling than anything else. Picture 500 empty faces where you can name maybe 5. When I was in horde running fleets with 250-500 people and coordinating multiple fleet set ups was pretty much a weekly occurance with the biggest fleet I ran at around 800 people. I think I interected with about 50-150 people on a personal while the rest were just "there". It goes back to my journy in eve, I did the blob thing for over a year and I enjoyed it at the time but as I have discovered the game is a lot more fun if you get to know the people you are flying with.

By sov carebearing im refering to "empirebuilders" whose main objective for doing entosis is to keep space for the express purpose of ratting/mining (i.e, trying to build a home where they can grow fat) such as the likes of Horde, Goonswarm or other big sov holding alliances. I understand why people do it and I can see the appeal in such a playstyle, it just isn't for me. Again pretty much same reason as for the blob thing.

If a group rolled over without a fight I'd be dissapointed as I imagine most people would be, and if there are mass amounts of ecm griffins ill probably bitch about it, but it's honestly not dealbreaker.

I hope this clarifies things, if not lot me know.

• skilled urself

@judas-goldstein said in Judas Goldstein Application:

To me "the blob" is more a feeling than anything else. Picture 500 empty faces where you can name maybe 5. When I was in horde running fleets with 250-500 people and coordinating multiple fleet set ups was pretty much a weekly occurance with the biggest fleet I ran at around 800 people. I think I interected with about 50-150 people on a personal while the rest were just "there". It goes back to my journy in eve, I did the blob thing for over a year and I enjoyed it at the time but as I have discovered the game is a lot more fun if you get to know the people you are flying with.

Yeah, perfect. Thanks.

• skilled urself

I know Judas from horde vanguard, and can confirm he is not a shitter. His activity levels in horde and his autistic drive, if he still has them, will be a nice addition.

• skilled urself

Hi, just wondering if you have ever done a lot of dualboxing, and I mean flying two ships on two different clients at the same time, not just cyno and scout alts. Whats your experience with it and if you have some experience in what way do you do it?

• skilled urself

@nonztop When I was most actively solo dropping my rorqual/blops I would dualbox the hunter myself (usually my main in some version of a probing onyx/falcon/whatever) and my third client with just a fax on standby.

I am very comfortble dualboxing in capital+subcap situations however I haven't done a lot of subcap dualboxing like let's say a basi and a loki at the same time. If I'm doing strictly subcaps it's usually eyes + my main in something.

• skilled urself

@judas-goldstein You will be expected to be able to dualbox a dps ship + dictor/mjd dessie is what im hinting at. With Logi we don't want anyone to dualbox while flying logi.

• skilled urself

@nonztop In that case the only real limitation would be that I havent skilled my cynov alt into dictors yet, but I'm more than happy to get that sorted.

• skilled urself

@judas-goldstein So this is what you need, another subcap character that can fly sabre and stork. But is also on a different account from your fax alt preferably. Pretty important.

• skilled urself

I am still gonna give you a chance since you have a fax alt and some people have good things to say. We will do the rest on discord.

Looks like your connection to skill urself was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.